Sunday, April 26, 2009
Recent studies showed the wonderful health benefits of the watermelon, they are:
1. Natural energy drink - watermelon is a rich source of B vitamins, electrolytes and potassium. The B vitamins are needed for energy production and potassium is essential for heart and muscle contraction.
2. Good for the eyes - watermelon has vitamin A and C that are beneficial for our eyes. Yellow Watermelon is good source of lutein which helps prevent age-related macular degeneration.
3. May help prevent cancer and slow down aging - red water melon contains the pigment lycopene which may help prevent prostate cancer.
4. Prevents heat stroke and heat exhaustion - watermelon's cooling effect comes from it's component citrilline which is converted to arginine in the body. Arginine can help remove ammonia from the body ( bad stuff in the uring).
5. Treatment for heat rash and burns - watermelon pulp can be used to treat heat rash and burns. Place a piece of watermelon rind in the refrigerator and after a few hours apply the inner part of the rind on the affected areas on body. The cooling effect of watermelon rind relieves the heat rash.
6. Good for the kidneys, bladder, and those with gout - watermelon is effective for cleansing the kidneys and bladder. Watermelon does not contain uric acid and can help people with gout by reducing the amount of uric acid in the body.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
I was amazed with my daughter she never felt nervous before and after the surgery. She kept telling me she's ready and that she prayed to Jesus to take care of her especially during the surgery. I remember when we had a Sunday Mass she said that she prayed to Jesus to help all children that have a vision problem. I'm glad that at her age she can talk to Jesus that way.
The next day we removed the eye goggles, it served as her eye protection, my daughter noticed the brightness of our television and she said she can now see clearly.
We are also thankful to our ophthalmologist who's been so kind to us.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Medhelp is an online health community where anyone can ask questions about their health problem. I discovered Medhelp when I was searching online about the case of my daughter who had congenital cataract and has to undergo lens implant. Their ophthalmologist team was a big help to me they answered all my questions. I read everyday their eye care forum and I learned a lot. The team are really generous in sharing their knowledge and experiences about eye diseases.I am confident with our ophthalmologist here in the Philippines but I'm glad that I was able to hear opinions from doctors in USA with no cost. Joining them is so easy, sign up for free then you can start to post your health questions.
More power to you Medhelp!